Street & Rail Makes: Cranberry Orange Christmas Muffins




With Christmas round the corner I seem to get into a baking frenzy.
I have a mum that's forever cooking so this runs in my blood, and although we are are all ready to collapse just as Christmas day actually arrives, the thought of all the tasty treats sitting ready and waiting to be devoured is somehow enough to keep us going....
(that's if they haven't been eaten already...shhh!)

Yesterday I got the sudden urge to get my Christmas bake on, so I decided on Christmassy Cranberry Orange muffins. They actually turned out pretty good considering they were a passing thought, so well in fact that I'm planning to make these as a pre-breakfast treat, or present-opening snack on Christmas day. 
Ever thought of giving a homemade treat as a Christmas gift?! Everyone loves a home baked gift.

Also I must apologise for the lack of a 'finished product' photo. These were gobbled up by the family before I got a chance. I guess you'll just have to take my word on their successful journey out of the oven and into our tummies ;)

Ingredients //
4oz Unsalted Butter
4oz Sugar  
2 Eggs
4oz Self Raising Flour
1 handful Dried/Fresh Cranberries 
Rind of 1 Orange
1/2 Freshly Squeezed Orange

Recipe //
Begin by creaming together your butter and sugar. 
When they are fully combined slowly mix in the beaten eggs.
To this, add the rind and juice of the orange, as well as the cranberries. 
Sift in the flour folding lightly until they are mixed in.
Spoon into cupcake cases and bake on Gas Mark 4 for 25 minutes, or till golden brown.

We enjoyed this with homemade spiced butter cream, which is simply butter cream with half measures of each of the ground spices.

Enjoy,

Tan xx

P.S. I apologise in advance for the old school measures, you can convert them here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top