Flight Spa

In exactly 1 Weeks I will be on my way to Malawi, travelling for more than 14 hours, 12 of which I will be spent up in the air.

There are very few conditions that actually compromise your skin....flying is one of them! All of that recycled air being pumped around can't be good for anyone, not to mention the germs and other nasties lurking about.
I can't imagine that there will be much room for pampering where I'm going, so these are all of the things currently being packed in my hand luggage....
the essentials to turn a dehydrating flight into a well needed spa session.

Listed (Left - Right), are products that I like so feel free to substitute according to personal preference :)
I've also made sure to decant the products into bottles less then 100ml to comply with airline security restrictions. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner - You won't get a proper cleanse here so the alcohol based fomula cleans and purifies, working wonders. Watch out, this can be extremely drying so you may need a rich moisturiser.

The Body Shop Cucumber Cleanser - Swipe all over face with a cotton pad before applying your toner for a cooling, soothing base. They no longer sell this, so I would go for the Vitamin E or Aloe instead.

St Ives Invigorating Facial Scrub - (travel size) For a deeper clean should you feel it's needed. I like to wash my make-up off properly so this really helps when you have limited access to toiletries, however only use if needed. You do not want to irritate your already compromised skin unnecessarily.  

Garnier Intensive 7 Days Butter Milk - A small body moisturiser is MUST for me no matter where I am going...flight or otherwise!
Tester sachets are prefect for situations exactly like these where space/weight/security restrictions apply.

Garnier Moisture Match Shine Be Gone - Tester sachet of facial moisturiser. For me, this provides a great matte but moisturising base, so I would save this to use right before re-applying my make-up in the lead up to my final landing for a fresh faced finished.

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser - "Does as it says on the tin" product. A simple light but hydrating moisturiser great for absolutely any occasion or skin type.

Johnson's Face Wipes & Travel Hand Wipes - I have a general rule when it comes to face wipes.....Fannies, Flights or Festivals! 
Luckily this qualifies as the ultimate in-flight necessity. 
For the basic forehead, cheeks, chin make-up removal. Scrubbing eye make-up off with wipes is a big No No! I would much prefer The Body Shop Vitamin E wipes, but I had these that needed using.

Garnier Eye Roll-On & YSL Youth Liberator Eye Serum- Look! No Hands! Love these for the cooling effect and hygiene aspects. Great for sore/tired eyes. Re-apply as and when needed.

4 in 1 Nail File - Handbag Must have for inevitable chips and wear while rushing through security and check-in. Buffing will also keep them looking tip-top and healthy.

Hand Sanitiser Gel - A Must have if you can't wash your hands before starting your facial routine. Prevents bacteria spreading across your face and seeping into your prone and open pores.

Burts Bee's Hand Salve - Another no-nonsense product. Small and compact, so prefect for flying, and great for giving hands and nails a moisture boost.

Bio Oil - Comes in handy for absolutely everything from ultra hydrating night moisturisers. Can be used to provided an extra protective barrier for skin, as well as over night skin boost and repair.

Carmex & Dr Lipp's Nipple Balm for Lips - Standard lip balm and slightly richer one for severe chapping & rescue.

Make-Bag - It's not a holiday so it's just the bare essential this time round. Powder Compact. Mascara. Eyeliner. Eyebrow Pencil. Blusher.

Small Empty Spray Bottle - (not included in photo) I like to take an tiny spray bottle filled with mineral or floral water to use as a hydrant mist. (Evian facial mist works too). Along with wipes, this is an in-flight necessity! Spray liberally and frequently...even more so when people look at you with that annoyingly annoyed expression...Your face is worth it! 

I'm also talking a few extras like hand cream, toothpaste, face mask, eye mask and night cream as mines an over night flight. 

Tan xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top