Life Lessons


Jacket - H&M  // Jeans - Topshop // Sandals - New Look
Just when I think I’ve got it all figured out life throws these little life lessons your way. Every year as I get one year older and hopefully wiser, I like to look back and reflect on those little life lessons I picked up on the way. I like to think it keeps me more self-aware. This year, having now had the blog up and running for 4yrs, I thought it might be nice share…. 

Trust
Trust is something you don’t dish out for free. It’s earned, like a trophy …and they do NOT come easy. If someone wants your trust they earn it and if they are just out for a slice of your pecan pie I’m quietly confident they never will. 
Telling someone to trust you isn’t (always) going to work, it is earned first and foremost by showing you are trustworthy. I say this as someone who has spent a good part of the last year seeing trust being broken and falling for far too many of those telling me to trust them. I’d like to think I have learnt my lesson and made the conscious effort to become more aware of the people I choose to spend my time with. I now invest in those who take the time to earn trust, much like I made the time to earn theirs.

 Smoke & Mirrors
Not everything is as it seems.
Not everyone is who they portray themselves to be
…and not everything is as perfect as they appear.
So keep your head out of the clouds and ensure that YOU are always being you regardless of what everyone else is doing, because you have no idea what their journey is all about. It is all too easy to get caught up in the Smoke & Mirrors that people like to portray to the world so just remember; Be real, Be you and Follow your own damn dreams!!!

Moments beat Materials
I distinctly remember being a kid and wanting everything under the sun, then being a teenager and craving make-up and clothes galore. Not much has change and it would be hypocritical of me to say that I hate material possessions since the blog relies on me owning such things. 
However, that being said, the pleasure of positive memories afforded by great experiences far outweigh any material possession I could own. If you're trying to decide between the new designer something or the trip of a life time, take the trip every time!

Luck is self made
Much like trust being earned. Your luck is 75% self made and 25% good timing. If your not happy, or want something bad enough, you have to make it happen because no one else will. It's the harsh reality of how today functions. 25% timing - I use the word timing loosely because although they say there’s a right time for everything, there is actually never a perfect time, so better now than never I say!

Best Friends
Those special people who totally accept you for you and all the little (or large) mad moments that you come with. Those mythical creatures who don’t come around often, those incredible humans who teach you about love, compromise, empathy and selflessness. They are incredibly rare and yet the title “best friends” is thrown around as if it was utterly ordinary. For me, a best friend isn’t a flavour of the month, in fact its someone who lives on a complete other planet to my organised and regimented universe. But it’s one of those special parts of her that makes me realise why she is my best friend and why she took me 20 odd years to find.

It's a little different from the usual post, but I'd love to hear some of your own life lessons. There always room to grow... ;)
Tan xx 



Photo's by: Adam 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top