Lavender Lovestory


Dress - Topshop

Time to get in on the Lavender action that seems to have consumed everyone this summer. Having often dreamt of running though the fields of Provence, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Sunday.

I almost wished I wore trousers to shield my legs from the lavender stems, but I couldn’t think of anything better than prancing about in this little tea dress with the sun shining down. And I didn’t regret it. Maybe a dress isn’t the most practical for navigating a picnic mat, but it worked just fine. The fabric on this one is cosy with an almost lustrous feel, but it was the causal washed stripes which initially called me over. A definite winner in terms of print this season and it channels and the shirt dress vibes you’ll be wanting.

As for Hitchin’s, your senses of sight and smell will be tingling the whole time. Walking the lanes of perfectly rounded purple headed stems was almost as I imagined (minus the number of bee’s) and the heavenly fragrant wafts of perfume in the surrounding air. Strolling through seemingly-neverending rows of lavender brings about a sense of calm I rarely feel living in Central London.

You may have missed the main attraction this season as the buds will be tailing off, but there’s always next year.
Tan xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top