The Wedding Feature - Part 2

As I've been writing these, I've realised what a shame it's been that I've not been blogging as I go... its amazing how much you forget when in a short what feels like a very short space a time. Nevertheless, I've jotted down everything I can remember, but it's still worth point out that during all of this we have taken absolutely every excuse going to soak up all the Champagne, spa sessions and afternoon teas that anyone can possible squeeze into an already hectic schedule 
  

JUNE ’18 // Executing the Aesthetics 
The finer details and aesthetics of the overall day are quite important to me. Big bright and colourful isn’t really to our taste. There goes the typical Indian wedding out the window. 
Embracing the fusion of cultures, in keeping with ‘us’ has made the challenge of everything look conjoined and classy, rather than mismatch and clashy that tiny bit harder.
After tonnes of research we decided on a pretty neutral pallet with warm and welcoming accents, and (if we pull it off right), a hint of luxury! 
It's amazing how big of an impact the colour scheme has, so we started to look at everything from favours and furniture, to stationary and table features. Its been fun soo much fun taking your dream wedding from paper to reality - the only down side is that your restricted by a budget! 

AUG ‘18 // The Dress
Outfits were easy enough to find. Both of us knew roughly what we wanted so it was just a matter of booking our flights and making sure we had enough baggage allowance! Yes that’s right, we whisked ourselves off to India for a holiday and pre-wedding shopping spree all rolled into one.
Never really one for colour as you may know, it may come as a surprise to learn that I’ve gone traditional with a red ensemble! Much like many ladies and their dream of a white white dress, I’ve not imagined mind any other way than in red! ....I'm afraid that's all the details your getting though cause my lips are sealed! This one is remaining a surprise ;)
NOTE to all Indian Brides! A trip to India is a must if your getting married, the cost in savings is worth the trip, but its defiantly one best done with the girls, trust me I learnt the hard way! 


SEPT ‘18 // Partners for Life
With big ticket items sorted, it was time to focus our attention on smaller suppliers and gosh there are so many! Cake, DJ, mandap (aka Indian wedding alter), flowers, decor, marquee….
There are the people that help to do the things for your wedding that you can do yourself. Often they are the things that you remember from your day, years down the line. Finding a supplier that fits with you is sometimes as hard as finding your life partner! Fortunately for me the life partner didn't prove too difficult for me (I've got my prince Charming a.k.a Adam)... suppliers on the other hand, not so easy!
Where possible we’ve gone with people we know or have always dreamt of working with. for other, its best to do your research and go with your gut. 
Looking back, I am so glad we’ve taken our our time. Breaking things down into chunks, we’ve been contacting and eventually booking suppliers that we felt would help make our day special. Don’t worry It only gets so easier to spot the people that really go the extra mile for their customers. Word Of Warning! Read your contacts carefully before signing, it’s so easy to get caught out on the small print. Turns out we have with one or two. 

OCT ’18 // Disaster!!! 
I wasn't totally convinced that I needed a hair and makeup trial…till it all went wrong!!
So I’d arranged a trial with someone who regularly features in Asiana Magazine. Id spoken to her briefly at the Asiana Wedding show and seen “her work” (now I’m not totally convinced she did the makeup). She so effortlessly made every makeup faux pas going and by the end of it I looked like something out of a horror story! I’m not even kidding. Weirdest experience of wedding planning to date. 
Now totally freaked, the search for a proper makeup artist begins.
Moral of the Story: Trials are 100% Necessary!!! 

NOV ’18 // Design Do Over  
Add the word ‘Wedding’ before anything and the price seems to sky rocket. We took the decision pretty early to DIY everything possible, roping in help where we could (Thank’s Grandpa Ken!) This also meant that we were able to add our own personal touch without the price tag. We spent time designing everything from stationary and favours all the way down to the table decor and event features. 
I change my mind as often as anyone so we're probably on version 275 for our invitation design! With all of the hours of editing and paper sourcing, stationary proved to be the most time consuming - thankfully I can say it was worth it. We have few events that span the weekend so it we needed invitations to match without being identical or too complex for foiling. Everything else was built around our invitations so we were finally ready to get going… but first Christmas!!!

DEC ’18 // Holiday Season
By this point, despite sorting things early and being ultra organised I think I had had a total of two melt downs! ...What can I say the stress gets to everyone eventually - specially when you're worrying about three occasions as opposed to one!.
We’d earned ourselves a well deserved break. It was off to Chester to celebrate Christmas with the Burrows! 
Post Boxing Day we were rearing to go again. With the help of the wonderful woman that is Grandma Norma and the last of Grandpa Andy’s Honey, we were left a little sticky, but heading back to London with all 200 wedding favours ready for boxing!!! Yippee!! 
I can speak for both of us when I say that our favours are what we are most proud of. Not only do our boxes and favours look absolutely fabulous, but that weekend spent with both of Adam's grandparents admiring old photos and covering the kitchen in honey is a memory  I will cherish forever. 

Let me know what else you want to hear about the wedding and I'll be sure to work it in.
Tan xx


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top