The Wedding Feature - Part 1


 It's time for an update!
To be honest, it was probably time a few week back but with weekends wizzing past, a never-ending checklist and what feels like a dual identity, any trace of time has been impossible to find. Whilst the page sometime hides all trace of whats going on behind the scenes, my Instagram Page & Stories allow me to still share those moments in a more manageable way.

*

Don’t miss a thing. 
Be sure to tune in next time…


With wedding plans consuming 85% of my life I decided that I’d just go with it and update you on what exactly is happening (hopefully without giving away all the surprises). Not only for me, to allow me a space to look back on what I'm planning and organising, but for you to see what I'm doing, who I'm choosing, what I'm deciding on and whether these things could help with your own wedding planning; now or later.

NOV ‘17 // Just the beginning 
Engaged! It was the ultimate surprise with Adam popping the question during an impromptu visit to Paris
Going forward into the new year I knew just how much we’d have on our plate. The aim was to have the big decisions like location, type of ceremony, time of year etc ironed out by Jan. This was my attempt to avoid the last minute stresses and spare myself (and Adam) the manic last minute dash. 

JAN ‘18 // Our Big Fat Indian Wedding
I’m not too sure that Adam knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he agreed to having A Big Fat Indian Wedding!! 
Roll on the big three day sherbang!
With the rough guest list ironed out, the venue search began...

MAR ‘18 // The Venue search continues... 
As much as I love London, we knew that this was not the place for us to get married. Shewing strangers and big red busses out of our photos is not something that I wanted to worry about on the day. 
Always one for natural spaces, the search for somewhere green and open was an obvious one. It was also one that seemed never ending. 
Finding the balance between location, cost and capacity proved more difficult than we first thought. With half of our guests travelling down from Cheshire for a trio of wedding celebrations, we were conscious that this somewhat complicated the situation. 

APRIL ’18 // Time to Party 
What else is an Engagement, other than the perfect excuse for a Party!
On the fence about whether to have an engagement party, I am so glad we decided to go ahead with this. With my family in London and Adam's in the Cheshire, this present as the perfect opportunity for our nearest and dearest to meet each other, eat drink and party the night away! It was a real laugh and I’ll cherish those memories forever! 
One thing this did highlight however, is how quick it all goes by! I’l’ be making sure that come the wedding, I take some time to really savour it all :) 

MAY ‘18 // Save the date
Woohoo the venue search is complete!! We decided on a cricket club just outside of London in Radlett - London Shenley Club! Able to cater to out numbers and offer the green space we've been so longingly searching for what's not to love! 
After finally finding the venue, it was time to secure our photographer and videographer. 
Capturing these memories was a big deal for me so I started the search early knowing that brides-to-be had already started booking suppliers a year in advance. 
Flexible on dates, we then coordinated with our photographer and videographer to ensure they were both free before setting the date!  Looks like we’re in for a summer wedding - roll on June 2019!

Let me know what details about the wedding you what to know and I'll be sure to include it in the next feature.

Kisses,
Tan xx 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top