The Sari Side


Deep rooted, but rarely shared its a long time coming on the blog. Im finally sharing my ‘Indian’ side! There are going to be reems of British Asian ladies out there that know all too well that balancing the endless family events and the never-ending birthdays for your masses of cousins never came easy but when it comes to the big occasions theres only one go to! The glitz and ultimate glamour of Indian attire thats been collected (and passed down) over the years. While the collection is small, sari’s are my steady go-to choices for Indian events, which unfortunately, are happening less and less in my life.

I’m not shy about the fact that I LOVE wearing saris and Indian clothing and want to take advantage of every opportunity I get to wear something. Don’t get me wrong my comforts of jeans, t-shirts and dresses, are very much at the core of my style, but there is something rather extraordinary about the feeling of getting dressed up for an Indian event. It feels like ultimate femininity and chicness and I love the fact that women of all ages can pull one off and look amazing whilst they do it. 

Getting married next year I have decided to go full whack and were embracing the full Indian shebang! My friends are also so excited to fully embrace and get involved in wearing Indian attire which is the best feeling in the world!
I set my eyes on this beauty for my cousins wedding and I thought there was no better time than right now to share my ‘other side’. I absolutely love how simplistic and beautiful it is with it’s lace crop from misguided.  

I’m currently in the process of researching loads of Indian designers to plan my outfits and make up looks for the big day (days in my case) ahead. I can’t wait to bring more of this side of me to my blog, Pinterest, Instagram and Instastories. Our trip to India and a close family wedding has got me in the mood for planning so if anyone has any great recommendations for shopping or anything else I would love to hear it all. 

Side note, how amazing would a sari be for a bride generally if you were wearing white?
Tan xx 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top