9 to 5


 Trousers - Zara // Jumper - & other stories // Coat - Zara // Bag - TK Maxx

Two glorious weeks later and I am rearing to go! I have been in absolute hibernation. 100% brain rest, 200% food consumption! I’ve been focusing on snacks, herbal tea’s and the plan for 2018. Having shaken off the unnecessary stress and doubt, I can sit back and prepare for a whole new set of hurdles! Change is healthy and I’m excited about this one.

As well as some exciting content and new brands to feature on Street & Rail, I’ve hit the refresh button on my 9-to-5! I returned to work this year on 2nd Jan…. but only for four more days to pack what seems to have been an entire rack of heels hiding under my desk, and to bid farewell to my most loved colleagues. 
A swift return to the office was a reality shock where daily attire is concerned. Tracksuit and slippers are no more a viable outfit option – devastating reality, I know(!) - so finding an outfit equally as comfortable work appropriate alternative is essential. Jeans would be the next go to but after a month of solid feasting, suffocation by denim is not what I’m after. 

This look is absolutely ideal, smart cigarette trousers touched with golden silk embroidery. For me there are a few things which I feel really make a work wardrobe special. I love a good tailored piece but bottoms are especially important for versatility. With a great base, your tops can be left quite simple. Teamed with a navy cashmere jumper it was the closest thing to the call of my dressing gown that I own! For me this was a return to work winner – not too tight, very soft & a whole lot more professional than joggers!

Are you tackling the return to work? Would love to hear your fail safe office looks?
Tan xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top