Street & Rail Makes: Spiced Pumpkin Loaf











It's Halloween!!

I've loved to bake since I was little, and every so often I will get the urge to rustle up some oven baked goodness. With all those extra pumpkins lying around this October, I decided its time we make us of them. If I'm honest I'm not one for the usual pumpkin taste but in a cake its absolutely delicious! Trust me... I wouldn't eat it otherwise! 

With a mum that's practically lives in the kitchen, cooking runs in my blood so there is no better way to satisfy a craving than to bake up a healthy(more importantly tasty) treat 
...and my gosh was it delicious. 

Warming and spiced to give your insides a hug during these wintery weeks.
Sadly nothing last longer than a day in my house so I'm sure I'll be back at it soon enough.

Ingredients //
4oz Unsalted Butter
4oz Brown Sugar 
2 Eggs
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
4oz Self Raising Flour
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
1tsp Ground Ginger 
1tsp Ground Nutmeg
1tsp Ground Cloves
1tsp Vanilla

Recipe //
Begin by creaming together your butter and sugar. 
When they are fully combined slowly mix in the beaten eggs.
To this,  add the pumpkin puree and mix well. We had a home grown pumpkin and I pureed and used this, but this recipe will also work with shop bought pumpkin filling.
Sift in all of the dry ingredients, including the spices and fold lightly until they are mixed in.
Empty into a loaf tin. If you don't have one you can also bake in a cake tin or cupcake tray.
Bake on Gas Mark 4 for 25 mins, or till golden brown.

We enjoyed this with homemade spiced buttercream, which is simply butter cream with half measures of each of the ground spices.

Enjoy,

Tan xx

P.S. I appologise in advance for the old school measures, you can convert them here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top