Beauty - Spring Shimmer








I’m so excited that it’s finally spring and the temperatures are rising. In honour of this, I have created a makeup look that is perfect for that light spring shimmer, because keeping you skin radiant, dewy and fresh is top on the beauty list. 
It's the perfect season to experiment with some colour or super sparkle, and using mostly drug store products, is super easy so let's get started.  

Prep //
A good moisturiser is absolutely essential before any makeup goes on your face. I tend to vary between Simple's rich and light formula dependent on my skin type which changes through the year. I wouldn't recommend anything harsh for young skin, theres no need for fancy formulas that cost you an arm and a leg. I've always preferred minimal ingredients, no-fuss, natural products.

Base //
I struggle with liquid foundations on a good day, so as the temperatures rise I reach out for lighter options like MAC's Studio Fix or Sheer Cover powders. Alternatively you could used tinted moisturises, or BB and CC creams. 
If a foundation is a must for you and a primer isn't already in your beauty staples kits, it should be. A brightening primer like L'oreal's Lumi Magic will also give a 'glow-from-within' look, and this small extra step with give your base a better hold, keeping everything in place for a longer lasting look. 

Blush //
Optional, but for me a must. Applied only to the apple of the cheek and blended slightly up, I like that extra colour and added dimension, especially on slightly darker skin tones like mine. MAC Pinch Me is a great everyday colour for a brighter fresh look, or Max Factor's Cream Puff Blush for added sparkle and highlight.

Glow //
Highlighters and bronzers are not only capable of giving anyone (and any skin tone) that post-holiday radiance, but they also act as a brilliant alternative if you want that added colour without blusher. Don't go for too much shimmer in a bronzer, let the sunshine work its wonders, enhancing your features with the natural filter. 
I would go for firm favourites like Benefits Hoola Bronzer and High Beam, or The Balms Betty and Mary Lou Manizer's. When applying these should be dabbed strategically high on check bones and optionally down the nose and inner corners of the eye. 

Eyes //
Nothing has changed here, I've kept things simple with my ultimate everyday L'oreal favourites. I've used their felt liner for a fine line and slight cat eye, finished with telescopic Mascara and Maybelline The Falsies. 


Lips //
Super soft and primed lips are key, you can follow my how to here. Finish with a little vaseline or your favourite balm and your really to go with a light glossy finish.
The Maybelline Color Drama pencils are a great go to if your looking for easy lasting colour.


*MWAH*

Tan xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top