Summer Style Statement

Top + Trousers - Stradivarius 
As the sun rises earlier and sets later, we are blessed with so many more hours of light. Sunlight is truly magical and it is near impossible to feel low with its presence. With my mood forever reflected in my fashion, there are currently no dull and dark colours to be found in my wardrobe. As a creature of subtlety, I don’t like to make too much of a fuss of myself therefore my pallet is somewhat safe. White is enough to make a statement without hitting you in the face when you walk by.
Cuts and fitting, along with texture and fabric, is one of the biggest changes I make in my style, aside from colour, when Summer rolls around. I introduce linens, lace, cottons and silks to contrast each other, adding detail whilst also proving breathable and comfortable choices when it starts to hot up. This ensemble is from Stradivarius.
I actually walked right pasted this one and out of the store. I later realised I was crazy for letting this staple slip by as the quality of the trousers especially is second to none.
Summer hues are what excite me most about the season, everything becomes brighter, fresher and far more feminine. Pinks are back with a bang (not that they ever left) as are khakis, nudes, navies and wonderful Whites!
White is and always will be my ultimate style staple providing me with the window of opportunity to add that colour, that fun and that playfulness into my style without being garish or imposing. This is one that will compliments rather than clash with my skin tone.
Enjoying the heat - Whats your summer colour?
Tan xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top